For over 90 years, our dairy has been known for producing top-quality milk and is a proud member of the Southeast Milk Inc. Dairy Cooperative. Today, Graham Farms milks over 2,500 cows daily in a state-of-the-art milking facility and continues to pride itself on the values upon which the farm was founded: honesty – hard work – leadership – service.
Founded in 1932, Ernest R Graham began Graham’s Dairy Inc. in the Northwest region of Dade County. By the 1940s, Graham’s Dairy produced fifteen hundred gallons of milk a day from 750 cows. The company proved to be a productive bottling and distributing venture, becoming one of the most successful dairies in Florida. However, in 1952, the company ceased all bottling and distribution of milk and focused solely on milking.
In the late 40s, Ernest’s son, Bill Graham, took over the dairy operations with his close friend, Jerry Toms who oversaw the operations of the milk plant. The Graham and the Toms families’ working relationship dates to 1915 when T.N. Toms (Jerry’s father) worked with Ernest R Graham as a bookkeeper at a mine in South Dakota. Jerry Toms became Vice President of The Graham Company (F.K.A. Graham’s Dairy Inc.) and then President of Graham Farms with his son, Tommy Toms, as Vice-President.
Today, it is the third generation of the Toms family working alongside the Grahams and continues to oversee The Graham Companies’ dairy and other agriculture interests. Jerry’s son, Tommy, followed in his father’s footsteps serving as president of Graham Farms until his retirement in 2014, with his younger brother, Babb, working alongside him as vice president. Babb Toms took over the reins as president of Graham Farms upon Tommy’s retirement.